Planned Parenthood South Atlantic (PPSAT) is seeking a Community Health Educator located in Hilton Head, SC. The Community Health Educator is responsible for planning, coordinating, and implementing community and health center based projects focused on maximizing the benefits of the Affordable Care Act for the uninsured; and engaging young people in sexual health and advocacy programs that provide the tools to help them make lifelong responsible decisions. They will provide additional outreach and training to the community around family planning and reproductive health issues as needed.
This is a full-time position working 40 hours per week. Priority will be given to candidates local to and with experience/connections within the Hilton Head community.
- Coordinate peer education programs, location and quantity dependent on community need and funding.
- Initiate and develop relationships with community organizations, schools, and faith communities to recruit Peer Educators. Interview, hire, and train Peer Educators.
- Design, develop, and provide culturally relevant education/training programs related to adolescent health and social issues for Peer Education Training.
- Provide support to Peer Educators. Maintain follow-up relationships with Peer Educators following Peer Education training.
- Plan and conduct weekly trainings.
- Translate and adapt curricula.
- Coordinate collection and submission of evaluation data.
- Serve as liaison between Planned Parenthood South Atlantic (PPSAT) and partner organizations. Promote PPSAT philosophy and services in the community.
- Provide community education and outreach as needed and directed by the Senior Director of Education.
- Attend PPSAT community coalition and council meetings as assigned.
- Manage and maintain the education department database.
- Pull together monthly and quarterly education reports and data as needed and requested.
- B.S./B.A. in related field. Minimum of 3 years’ related work experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Two years’ proven experience running community-based education programs working with diverse populations.
- At least one year of experience working with youth.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated interest in teenagers and youth development.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse communities.
- Written and oral fluency in English. Spanish fluency may be required.
- Interest in reproductive and sexual health issues.
- Experience in coalition building.
- Previous experience engaging and collaborating with coalition partners preferred.
To Apply: Submit application through our job site https://jobs.lever.co/ppsat/f1c64aaa-1722-492b-9f8c-c7eb9149429a