Our client is currently seeking a Senior Buyer in Hardeeville, SC!
Pay: $75,000 Annually
- Communicate with vendors and suppliers to obtain pricing, availability, and delivery.
- Cultivates the relationship between KBRS Inc and the suppliers managed.
- Negotiates rates and unit costs within the area of responsibility.
- Prepares requisitions, purchase orders, and quote requests and is responsible to ensure that correct documentation is supplied to all vendors such as terms and conditions, and other related documentation.
- Procures materials and services with or without the aid of an MRP system.
- Identifies new vendors and assists in the qualification of those vendors.
- Manages and resolves problems regarding delivery, quality, and pricing promptly.
- Track, maintain, and update lead times for items ordered.
- Expedites purchase orders to meet the best deliveries. Communicates with other departments regarding delivery expectations.
- Identifies all non-performance of suppliers, initiates corrective action, and follows up to ensure acceptable resolution.
- Proactively identifies shortages and shipping delays and escalates as necessary to meet the schedule.
- Resolves discrepancies related to Purchase orders and Vendors' Invoices.
- Maintains reports and analysis as necessary.
- Proactively maintains all open Purchase orders: ship date management, past due purchase order management, and purchase order acknowledgment.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or an equivalent degree is required.
- Four to six years of purchasing experience in a manufacturing/facility environment.
- Experience working with an ERP-based system.
- Experience in purchasing for multiple sites or in the chemical industry is a plus.
- Strong team development and ability to support the other departments and gain their cooperation and respect.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills including strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Vacation Days
- Sick/Incidental Days
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Employee Development & Training