A well-established medical practice in Bluffton is hiring for an Insurance Eligibility Specialist. This is a temp-to-hire, full-time opportunity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews clinic schedules 48 hours in advance of appointment for designated locations and checks all eligibility and benefits to ensure patient insurance is active.
- Will be required to contact patient if there is an issue with their insurance in advance of the appointment.
- Updates copay information in Athena and provides notes in the patient account for the front desk regarding co-insurance, deductibles due and collections of any balances due prior to patient’s appointment.
- Monitors eligibility bucket in EMR for upcoming appointments.
- Reviews the patient’s insurance for eligibility and benefits.
- Responsible for ongoing daily monitoring of EBT email group to assist Patient Access Coordinators with eligibility issues identified at the time of making the appointments.
- Verifying that authorizations are obtained and attached to the appropriate appointment at the time of the visit to ensure claim is submitted correctly and accurately.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Associate Degree desired.
- Minimum two years of medical billing and/or eligibility experience.
- Knowledge of ICD9, CPT, HCPCS and the use of modifiers preferred.
- Familiar with CMS 1500 claim form completion, knowledge of Medicare,
- Managed care and commercial insurance products and plans.
- Knowledge of physician billing and/or collections.
- Typing speed 55 wpm and the ability to use a calculator.