The Patient Access Coordinator will accurately register patients into the PM system and provide timely appointment Patient Access for all providers in a high volume environment. He/she is expected to promote an efficient administrative office which leads to positive patient experiences and fosters positive work relationships among all departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Promptly answer all incoming calls within 3 rings in a professional and efficient manner. Using a tone that conveys warmth, empathy and patience.
- Demonstrates a courteous, friendly and professional demeanor while he/she greets patients, visitors and vendors. Portrays the same demeanor while answering and routing phone calls. Illustrates efficiency regarding patient and doctor inquiries by responding to their needs in a timely manner.
- Accurately enters all patient demographics and insurance information into the system.
- Runs initial eligibility to ensure accurate insurance information obtained. Obtains any authorizations as needed and accurately inputs and ties authorization to the patient’s appointment.
- Maintains a professional demeanor even when callers are upset, and contacting a supervisor if necessary.
- Schedules and maintains the provider schedulers to include cancellations and Patient Access of patients.
- Handles all referrals from outside physician offices in a timely manner.
- Requests patient medical records and signed releases as required.
- Provides directions and general information to patients to include the required script for their appointment and provider protocols.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality when servicing patients.
- Performs routine and some non-routine, continuous work involved with the operation of telephone call center.
- Maintains a knowledge of the practice “phone tree” therefore transferring calls appropriately.
- May be required to work flexible hours and some weekends.
- Maintains area of special assignment.