The Greater Bluffton Chamber of Commerce is the fastest growing Chamber in the Lowcountry. We pride ourselves in connections, promotion, and advocating for Lowcountry businesses. We provide indispensable opportunities and resources for businesses to connect, grow, and succeed in an ever-changing economy. At the Greater Bluffton Chamber of Commerce, our local businesses are our focus!
Chief Executive Officer
The Membership Specialist is a primary lead in growing and retaining membership by introducing businesses to the value of joining the organization and building strong relationships with current members to support retention efforts. This position is responsible for recruiting new chamber members, strengthening relationships with current members, cultivating relationships with new members, and increasing membership retention.
Primary Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to):
- Works to recruit new members, focusing on the business/organization's needs via phone calls, in-person
meetings, door knocking and utilizing business recruitment list.
- Manage all aspects of member on-boarding so that all members receive the benefits and privileges associated
with their membership - Tracks and schedules all deliverable benefits.
- Develops and fosters ongoing relationships with Chamber members through strong relationships and
development of services. Visit current members to encourage member involvement and retention.
- Interact daily with current and prospective members in-person, via phone, and email to consistently
communicate the value of their membership investment.
- Works with the CEO to create and develop the collateral for the execution of the membership
- Assist in the creation and packaging of new member information and welcome packets.
- Inputs all communications and data in CRM to ensure the system is accurate, that all information regarding
join/drop reasons and ongoing communication are correctly recorded and ensures that the information
collected meets the needs of the Chamber team.
- Assist to organize logistics and help manage all chamber events in a way that produces maximum revenue and
profit, attendance, and community involvement.
- Oversees Chamber Programs related to membership and retention (creation of meeting agendas, meeting notes, collateral for program, etc.)
- Represent the Greater Bluffton Chamber of Commerce at events, meetings, and on committees as needed.
- Interacts with visitors to the Chamber, including responding to phone calls and questions from the public and Chamber members, when necessary.
- Attends and assists staff at chamber events, such as networking socials and major events. Will require
working an occasional evening, weekend, or holiday.
- Support Chamber CEO, Chamber Staff and Board of Directors as required.
- Attends staff meetings, board meetings and trainings as required.
- Creates quarterly and yearly goals with the Chamber CEO and completes quarterly and year-end goal
review and self-reflection for Chamber President.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by CEO.
- High School diploma, some college or college degree preferred.
- 2+ years of previous customer service and/or sales experience.
- Professional phone skills are required. Must be professional during in-person meetings and email
- Experience with Zoom, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher), Adobe, Canva, Social Media
Platforms, and CRM software programs.
- The ideal candidate must be capable of interacting with Chamber staff, current chamber members, new
prospects, Town/State officials and community.
- Experience working with volunteer committees.
- Access to reliable transportation.
- Enthusiasm and a positive attitude!
- Must be self-motivated and result oriented.
- Clear focus on high quality customer support.
- Strong time management & organizations skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Passion for talking to people, relationship building and bridge building.
- Team-player mentality, and willingness to support colleagues even if it is outside of job description.
- Creative, can think outside of the box and try new ideas.
- Comfortable dealing with a broad spectrum of business industries and people.
- Must enjoy working in an ever-changing and high-paced environment – in the office and in the field.
- Team-player with the ability to collaborate with other staff members and partners is a must.
- Able to stand and walk for extended period of times.
- Able to carry up to 30 pounds or more.
- Able to stand, kneel, bend at knee, squat, and handle stairs throughout the day.
- Able to sit at a desk comfortably while working on a computer for extended periods of time.
Monday through Friday (occasional weekend and evening, depending on event)
Please submit your cover letter, resume, pay requirements, and 3 professional references to the Greater Bluffton Chamber of Commerce via email to email@example.com.
Deadline – Thursday, November 30, 2023